A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Father Daughter Card



The theme of one of the Heart 2 Heart challenges for August is "Boys Will Be Boys."  Yes, boys will be boys, then they grow to be men, and sometimes they become fathers.  My husband is the best father you could ask for, and I make it a point to let him know this on a regular basis.  This card is an example of thinking beyond the theme of a paper pack.  These papers, which work beautifully for a summer theme come from "Chalk It Up," Close to My Heart's back to school paper pack from last year.  The sentiment was snipped from a zip strip from last year's Seaside pack.  I popped up both the sentiment and the background panel to give the card a little bit more dimension.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Chalk It Up (retired), Seaside (retired), Chocolate and Colonial White cardstock
Embellishments:  Chalk It Up Assortment (retired)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card and is the story of a father's love! I rarely think to angle the elements on my projects, but you have inspired me to try it more often. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete