A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Heartfelt Sympathy



It is no secret that I love lighthouses, so I was pretty excited to see that Close to My Heart has a new lighthouse stamp.  For this card, I used the emboss resist technique in which you stamp your image with Versamark and emboss it with clear detail powder and then sponge over it with dye ink to make the image appear.  It is one of my favorite techniques.  Usually I leave the embossing and wipe off any excess ink.  The problem this time was that I wanted to use this sketch from Atlantic Hearts:



This meant I would be stamping at least partially over the embossed image and the ink would, well, resist.  The solution was to remove the embossing by ironing it off.  To do this you place a sheet of paper (I used copy paper.) over the image and iron over it using a low heat.  The embossing transfers to the paper.  I found I had to do this several times, using a fresh part of the paper each time, to get it all,  The surface felt smooth, but there was still a bit of a shine.  I stamped the sentiment using pigment ink and embossed it with clear detail powder to make sure it "stuck."

I used Whisper ink to sponge the image and around the edge.  I had a lot of trouble selecting the framing layers.  I finally went with one of the patterned sheets, sponged with Desert Sand, and Glacier cardstock.  Given the reason I need this card, I decided not to use any embellishments.

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Seaside with Glacier cardstock
Ink:  Whisper and Desert Sand along with Black pigment ink
Stamps:  Seaside Greetings, Look to the Light

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful sympathy card. Thanks for sharing it with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, inspiring work - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, I love lighthouses!

    Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Brandi
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is such a beautiful card.. AMAZING..
    Thanks for playing along at AHSC.
    Laura D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok did put a comment, so if this is double, please delete. Absolutely gorgeous. Lot the card. Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed with thought you put into this card! It is just so soothing and stunning to look at! Thanks for joining us with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Linda
    scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever technique, and the end result is just stunning. Thanks for playing with AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I have yet to use this technique...

    ReplyDelete