A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Freshly Made Snowhaven




In my last post I showed y'all a birthday card featuring Close to My Heart's new Snowhaven paper.  Now here I have used it in a more conventional way to make a Christmas card following this Freshly Made Sketch:



For the focal point I wanted to pick up the motif in the border, so I used CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the star on page 25 and then cut it through the center like a pie to get the diamonds.  A Black Epoxy Bubble forms the center.  I couldn't help myself and added some of the new Red Hearts for a bit of fun.  My choice of sentiment was influenced by the fact that this paper pack reminds me of a warm winter sweater.  Here is the inside:



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Snowhaven, Glacier, Black, Cranberry, and White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Black
Stamps:  Very Merry Christmas (retired stamp of the month)
Embellishments:  Red Hearts, Black Epoxy Bubbles

1 comment:

  1. I love this fabulous color combination and the super-clean look of your card! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete