A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Graduation Season



After almost a month of being distracted by family issues, I got a day of much needed paper therapy and girlfriend time.  Not only was this good for my soul, but it provided a chance to get caught up on graduation cards.  "tis the season...



First up is a card for my cousin's daughter who just graduated from high school and has a ROTC scholarship.  My family, which leans heavily towards the Marine Corp and Navy, is so proud of her (even though she has gone Army).  I cut the butterflies with the Art Philosopy Cricut cartridge and sponged the edges with Black.  I used colored bitty sparkles to accent the ricrac border and carry the colors into the upper piece.  I am so sorry that Close to My Heart has retired the colored sparkles.  I do not know where I am going to find bitty ones when I have used up my stash.  I used this Atlantic Hearts Sketch:



Materials used, all Close to My heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Sarita, Gypsy, Lagoon, Cotton Candy and Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Black
Stamp: In the Moment
Embellishments:  Black Sparkles, Pink and Purple Sparkles (retired),  Colonial White RicRac (retired) 
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge




Next is a card for a friend who went back to school at, shall we say, a mature age and now has graduated from divinity school.  The vine is from a long retired set, Cherished Flourishes.  I forgot how much I like playing with that set!  I used the Artiste Cricut cartridge to cut leaves and then curled them.  The layout is this one from Try Stamping on Tuesday.  The added twist is "Girlfriends."  No problem as this is a card for a girlfriend created at a crop with girlfriends.



Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Ivy Lane, Hollyhock, New England Ivy, and White Daisy cardstock
Inl:  Ink:  Olive, Black
Stamps:  Look to the Light, Cherished Flourishes (retired)
Embellishments:  Ivy Lane Assortment, Purple Glitter Gems, Purple Sparkles (retired)
Other:  Artiste Cricut cartridge




Lastly is this card for one of the college students to whom I send care packages.  She just received her bachelors degree in education, but is in a five year masters program which means I still get to continue sending her packages and will be making another card for her next year.  She likes owls and her school colors are blue, white, and silver.

Materials used, all Close to My heart inless otherwise noted:
Paper:  White Daisy and Pacifica cardstock, Silver Glitter paper
Ink:  Pacifica
Stamps:  Limited Edition (retired), Literary Owl from Stampendous

Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

3 comments:

  1. All your cards are just fabulous! Great work, love them. Your creation for AHSC is awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are great but I really do love the one with the Sarita paper pack. I love that sheet of paper, it is my favourite from that pack. I love the butterflies popping off the page. Great work! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous set of cards. Love how you used sparkles for butterfly bodies! Thanks for playing with us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete