A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Something Old, Something New



Marie Flayer AKA the NJ Stamping Queen posted this card on her blog for the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge, a new challenge for me, and I not only loved the card, I was intrigued by the sketch and decided to play along.




This was my first chance to play with Close to My Heart's new paperpack, Skylark.  I decided the left hand long panel needed a bit of brown, so I used this season's petite perk stamp set to add the dragonfly.  While I was at it, I stamped him in second generation ink in the lower left corner.  The panels are all sponged in Chocolate ink which is not one of the colors in the pack, but I prefer it to Desert Sand when it comes to sponging.  A bird from the Skylark Assortment and a few Aqua Dots provided the finishing touches. 

With that card finished, I decided to try a vertical variation using a very old pack, Bliss:



Everything about this card is old and retired.  I cut the butterfly out of the B&T sheet and attached only the body so his wings could pop up.  The other embellishment is a piece of ribbon from the Crème Brulee Ribbon Assortment held in place with a Colonial White Brad which was colored with a Sorbet Alcohol marker (the only non retired item I used) and a Filigree Charm.  The panels were sponged with Grey Flannel.

So there you have it:  Two cards, one made with virtually all new products and one made with retired items.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:

First card:
Paper:  Skylark, Colonial White, Juniper and Kraft cardstock
Ink:  Chocolate
Stamps:  Sincere Expressions, Petite Perks
Embellishments:  Skylark Assortment, Aqua Dots

Second card:
Paper:  Bliss (retired), Colonial White and Grey Flannel (retired) cardstock
Ink:  Grey Flannel ink (retired), Sorbet alcohol marker
Embellishments:  Filigree Charm (retired), Colonial White Brad (retired), Crème Brulee Ribbon Assortment (retired), Brown Opaques (retired)



1 comment:

  1. I like this layout. I've got some of this Bliss lying around too!

    ReplyDelete