A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Freshly Made Masculine Card



Here is a quick card using Close to My Heart's Pro Player paper and this Freshly Made Sketch:



I am not usually a "banner" person, but I liked the CAS feel of this layout.  The sentiment was stamped with Ruby pigment ink and embossed using clear detail powder.  After attaching my banners, I used my ruler with guide holes to make a line of straight, evenly spaced holes for neat stitching.  I even sewed rather than glued the button on after using the button as a guide to poking the holes.



Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Paper:  Pro Player, White Daisy, Pacicfica and Whisper cardstock
Ink:  Ruby pigment ink
Stamp:  Say It in Style
Embellishments:  Coats and Clark upholstery thread, button from an old Black Mini Medley
Other:  Clear Detail embossing powder 

1 comment:

  1. You've reminded me of how "pretty" that Pro Player paper can be (need to dig it out!). This was a great sketch--perfect for quick CAS cards. As always, love the finished inside, too!

    ReplyDelete