A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Penguins!



I just love this penguin from the Wintery Wishes stamp set which is available only as a hostess reward.  My nephew has loved penguins ever since he was a baby, so I knew I had to use it to make a card to put in his care package of Christmas goodies to get him through finals at Tech.  Since I was in penguin mode, I went ahead and made cards for the other students I send packages to.  This gave me a chance to experiment with different color schemes and variations on this Freshly Made Sketch:

 
First I used a Topiary alcohol marker to color the ear muffs, scarf and center of the snowflakes.  Then I put a drop of Liquid Glass over the snowflake centers to approximate an epoxy bubble.  Why Topiary?  This week the Color My Heart Color Dare is to used black and white with any shade of green.  For the banner I used a sentiment from a long retired stamp of the month:

 

Next, because I love black and white with a pop of pink, I made the same card in Cotton Candy except that instead of a sentiment, I added a double banner:



 Next I made the card with Silver Shimmer Trim and Silver Glitter Glitz as accents and colored the scarf with a Silver Metallics marker:



Finally, I added one of the sentiments from the Wintery Wishes stamp set which necessitated a larger deviation from the sketch.  I used Crystal Stickles on the snowflakes and snowball.  The shimmer looked bluish in the bottle, but green on the card:



I am not sure which one I like best.  Thank You for stopping by!  Now Please go to Freshly Made Sketches to see what others have done with this layout.  Then go check out some more green with black and white projects at Color My Heart Color Dare.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Black, White Daisy, and Cotton Candy cardstock
Ink:  Black ink, Topiary and Cotton Candy alcohol markers, Silver Metallics marker
Stamps:  Wintery Wishes, Frosted Cardmaking Kit, A Very Merry Christmas (retired), Heartfelt Christmas (retired), Snow Flurries (retired)
Other:  Snowflakes embossing folder from Cuddlebug 




6 comments:

  1. Awww...that little penguin is adorable! And I love the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your penguin cards! I love how you used him in the Freshly Made Sketch. thanks for joining us at color My Heart Color Dare once again! We love your work!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hansi, when I saw this on Color My Heart I knew it had to be yours! So cute! I have to say, I think I like the pink best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...despite the fact that I'm linking through from Color My Heart, I have to say I like the Black and Silver one the best. However, all of them are darling...you can't really go wrong with those cute penguins. Thanks for sharing your fun cards with us again at CMH. We always love seeing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my favorite is the pink, I am partial to pink - great job on all the options! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the colors! It's amazing how such a small bit of color and can make such a difference! Thanks for taking the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete