A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Shades of Blue for Atlantic Hearts


 
It has been a crazy week and I have been suffering from severe paper withdrawal.  I finally had a chance to get inky last night using this this sketch from Atlantic Hearts:



I started with Close to My Heart's Single Snowflake mini which I stamped with Slate pigment ink and embossed with clear detail powder so that I could color it without smearing the ink.  I then embellished it with Silver Glitter Glitz and a Base and Bling Floral Accent.  No, there is no Cricut shape you can use to frame it.  I had to cut it and the mat by hand (gasp) after using a ruler to draw the lines.  I also popped it up with some foam tap.  The paper is Frosted which, as you can see, does not have to be limited to Christmas or winter themed projects.  A piece of Silver Glimmer Trim, a Base and Bling Floral Accent and a couple of retired blue sparkles provide the finishing touches. 

I originally thought this would be a warm wishes kind of card, but as I worked, I realized that it would be perfect for my mom who loves the color blue and, God willing, will be 80 in November.  Thank you for stopping by!  Now please check out what others have done with this Atlantic Hearts Sketch.  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Frosted, Colonial White, Frosted Blue, and Frosted gray cardstock
Ink:  Slate pigment and dye inks, Crystal Blue, Sky, Twilight, and Whisper alcohol markers
Stamps:  Single Snowflake, Card Chatter - Birthday
Embellishments:  Blue Sparkles (retired), Silver Shimmer Trim, Silver Glitter Glitz



7 comments:

  1. Love this card. It is simple, yet elegant. I really like your choice of colours on the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is awesome. I love what you did with the sketch and the patterned paper choice you went with. I think this is an awesome winter themed birthday card.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love everything about it!! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS!!!! Just love it. The Blues are my favourite colours and I love how nicely it all pulls together, great work on the snowflake. Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I always look forward to seeing your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally worth all that hand cutting...great job with your colours and matting. This is a lovely card for your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so vibrant on your card, subtle but vibrant!

    ReplyDelete