A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lace With Heart



So the ladies over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges want to see some lace.  Have y'all noticed that the pattern on one of the Frosted papers is lace?  It's the perfect compliment for a lace butterfly sponged with Crystal Blue, Sky and Cotton Candy that was left over from a previous project.  I sponged the edges of the front and inside panels with Champagne followed by Colonial White to soften it.  Of course with lace you need ribbon and pearls, right?  Positioning the large flourishes is always a bit of a challenge for me which was enhanced by my cats eagerness to "help."  This card is for someone special, so I left plenty of room for a heartfelt note.



With this card I have completed all of the October challenges at Heart 2 Heart.  Stay tuned because  they have some fun challenges planned for November.  How do I know this?  I was named Top Chic in September which means I am guest designer at Heart 2 Heart for the month of November!  I'm not telling you what the challenges are, so y'all will just have to check back Monday to see what the first one is.  In the meantime, please head on over to see what the other ladies have done with lace at Heart 2 Heart.  Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time, Hansi

Materials used, all Close to my Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Frosted, Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Gypsy, Crystal Blue, Sky, Cotton Candy, Champagne, and Colonial White
Stamps:  Card Chatter - Birthday, Simple Memories (retired)
Embellishments:  Pearl Flourish, Pearl Opaque, Colonial White ribbon (retired)
Other:  Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge


5 comments:

  1. Beautifil card! The swirly pearls look fabulous witn the lacy butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your creations for November--you are top chick in my books, any month... What a very pretty, calming card for your special friend's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, it is so elegant and stylish the pearls set off the butterfly beautifully. Thanks for joining us at H2H and Congrats on the GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I can't decide whether I like the butterfly or the pearl flourishes better. How about all of it? Thanks for getting lacy with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete