A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Unscripted Ornaments



When I saw this Unscripted Sketch my mind immediately flipped it and saw hanging ornaments.



I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge from Close to My Heart to cut the snowflake (page 27 shift at 1.75 in.) and longer ornament (page 47 shift at 2.75 in.)  The "onion" ornament was cut with the Artiste cartridge (page 79 shift + 3D object at 2 in.)  While playing around with snowflakes I found that the snowflake stamp from Pear and Partridge Scrapbooking Workshop (retired) fits perfectly on the snowflake.  After sponging the edges of the ornaments and snowflake with Champagne followed by Colonial White I made a startling discovery.  When viewed under non incandescent light the edges had a distinct purple cast.  I thought I had cleaned the sponge dauber well, but obviously not well enough.  Maybe it is time for me label my sponge daubers and use separate daubers for separate color families.  I cut silver shimmer trim lengthwise to make the ornament hangers and used a non sticky ribbon from Michael's for the bows.  Of course I finished it of with sparkles.  In this case I used dark gray on the ornaments and light gray on the snowflake.  Thank you for stopping by!  Now please go see what other folks have done with this unscripted sketch.  Until next time,  Hansi

Materials used, all from Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper:  Frosted, Colonial White cardstock
Ink:  Slate, Champagne, Colonial White
Stamps:  Pear and Partridge Scrapbooking Workshop (retired), Heartfelt Christmas (retired)
Embellishments:  Silver Shimmer Trim, silver ribbon by Reflections), Gray Sparkles
Other:  Art Philosophy and Artiste Cricut cartridges

No comments:

Post a Comment