A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mojo Monday Anniversary


A friend is getting ready to celebrate her first wedding anniversary and thought it would be nice to give her husband, in her words, a "Hansi original."  The colors used in her wedding were black, white, pink and silver, so I immediately thought of Close to My Heart's For Always paper with Blush and a pop of the new silver glitter paper.  I started with this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


I was concerned that two different background panels would make my card too busy, so I used the dark floral and doily pages separated by a plain black strip to keep it subtle.  This card is 5 X 6 1/2 to accommodate the "Love" stamp which I heat embossed with clear detail powder over black pigment ink.  I love the new glitter papers and have found that liquid glass works well when you want to layer over it.  The layers of the flower are separated by pop up foam to preserve the curls in the petals which are edged with Blush ink to give them definition.  The only "Happy Anniversary" stamp I have is in a font that is too modern for this card.  I think this sentiment works better, even if the Happy Anniversary part is implied:

 
 
My friend was pleased with this card.  I hope her husband will be, too.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Hansi
 
Materials used, all Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Paper|:  For Always, Blush and White Daisy cardstock, Gray Glitter
Ink:  Black pigment, Blush
Stamps:  Love (not in the current catalog but still available), Love Doily
Embellishments:  Black Mini Medley (retired), Sparkles Black Flourishes, Pink Sparkles
Other:  Clear Detail embossing powder




1 comment:

  1. Wow, the inside of this card is just as pretty as the front. All your design decisions worked out beautifully (black floral layers) and you make the best 3D flowers! Lucky friends to get a "Hansi original!"

    ReplyDelete