A crop party is a modern quilting bee. A group of friends gather to have girl friend time, sharing joys and sorrows while preserving memories and creating a special keepsake.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Color My Heart in Shades of Green

 
 
For this card I combined the Color My Heart Color Dare to use New England Ivy, Topiary, and Sweet Leaf with Unscripted Sketch #195.  I  used sponge daubers to ink the stamp and then to apply additional color to the stamped image which comes from one of my favorite, long retired Close to My Heart sets , "Find Your Style."  Dry embossing with the Cuddlebug folder "Musical Flourishes" adds interest to the background.  Over all, this is a pretty simple card that I hope will bring comfort to a friend.
 
Thank you for stopping by!  Until next time,  Hansi
 
 
 
 
 



13 comments:

  1. I love the way you blended the colors in the bird. Nic e going. Thank you for joining us at Color my Heart this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful - a perfect balance of elements, colors, and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Hansi! Love, love, love it. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us again at Color My Heart. We look foward to seeing much, much more of your inspirational work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Hansi, You are a trooper to take on this challenge--it was a doozy! LOVE your greens with the champagne flourish background, and I agree, the stamps in that particular set, "Find your Style" are so lovely with blended colours. Thanks for joining the crew at Color My Heart this week, and as Becca says, we look forward to your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This stamp set was before my time, but is also a favorite. I might pick one up yet! I adore the way you stamped the bird and then added the green to the edges. Everything comes together for a lovely card indeed! thanks so much for joining in the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful!! Your bird is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job combining those colors ... and what a fantastic take on this week's layout ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, Hansi! That embossing is beautiful and that bird is to die for! You just put it together so well. Great job! Thanks for joining in again at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card love the way you did the sketch. thanks for joining us this week at Unscripted sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - love the embossing! Thanks for playing at US

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, so soft and soothing! Congrats on being one of the winners, your card deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Your card is very pretty. I just love the embossing and the little bird!

    ReplyDelete